The Office has been established as an institution development by a Ministerial Decree
3075/2001 and run under direct jurisdiction of the ARC President .
- Setup a permanent internal Office to provide legal and professional services for
all ARC staff to protect their innovations and technological inventions, regardless
of the type of such intellectual properties. The Office will continue its services
to help licensing of all ARC proven technologies to end-users to help realization
of the Egyptian National Agricultural Development Strategy.
- The Office runs its activities according to an "Internal Policy for Technology Management
and Commercialization (IP Policy)" issued by a Ministerial Decree 1402/2002. Such
Policy specifies the obligations and the responsibilities of ARC, ARC-Staff and
end-user in case of intellectual property (IP) protection and technology transfer.
- The Office is being managed by professional staff holding PhD in different Agricultural
Technologies and trained in technology management. The Office also has access to
other legal consultants and expertise in the areas of marketing, promotion, and
plant variety protection. A "Trustee Committee" has been established to follow-up
with Office mission.
The Office scope of services includes:
- Provide all technical documents for ARC staff in form of full patent text, database,
and electronic connection with all IPR strategic offices around the world.
- Provide legal support in filling intellectual property protection documents on behalf
of the inventor or the breeder, reviewing all research cooperation and licensing
agreements and follow-up agreement execution and any infringement to ARC-IPs.
- Run awareness programs to improve ARC staff-knowledge of intellectual properties,
ARC internal IP policy and related international conventions.
- Evaluation of ARC generated technologies to determine the marketability of each
technology and its market niche.
- Setup a marketing plan for every technology in Collaboration with technology marketing
- Negotiate license agreement on behalf of the inventor or breeder with potential
end-users to get best legal executable terms and follow-up the execution of the
agreement to ensure technology proper application and royalties' distribution.
- Conduct 25 awareness programs within ARC and with other interested institutions
- Apply for 5 patent applications with Egyptian Patents Office.
- Organize a symposium on "Intellectual Properties and Agricultural Technologies"
- Issue a "Patents" guideline booklet to help ARC staff understand patent law as well
as application procedure to get full protection for their innovations.
- Active involvement in issuing the executive regulations of the Intellectual Property
Law 82/2002 (Plant Variety Protection)
- Using advanced tools to serve and reach all ARC staff through local ARC Network.
- Setup an annual prize for ARC inventors and breeders.
- Issue an annual report on "ARC Technology Status " where we the technological achievements
of ARC staff throughout the year are to be published .
- Generate new source of research funding for ARC through technology licensing and